Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Friend Wilma keeps me on my toes…


I have a very dear friend Wilma Travis, the very talented artisan

behind Wilma’s Whimsey.




Wilma and I both participate in a very successful Etsy Social Marketing Arts Guild. The eSMArts Guild, is a global collaborative of mixed media artisans intent on further understanding and applying eCommerce advertising and promotion techniques.


I doubt that Wilma even knows that she seems to always keep me on my toes when it comes to the eSMArts team, she seems to always remind me of the social marketing aspects that I’m often neglecting.



Wilma is a self taught, passionate lampwork bead artist, and oh do I wish I lived close to her, she could then teach me the wonderful art of lampwork. I too, dream of learning to melt glass and become a lampwork artist.




Her work is currently evolving in new directions, as she starts dabbling in making jewelry, Wire Wrapping, Chain Maille, and Viking Knit, and the use of Gemstones in her creations.




Please stop by Wilma’s blog, etsy shop and website and see her beautiful lampwork creations, and her progress into new jewelry endeavors.

13 comments:

A Beaded Affair said...

Wonderful blog about a wonderful artist. I have some of Wilma's beads and love them. In fact, I'm having a really hard time parting with them. They are for me! lol
Lois

Wilma said...

Jill what a wonderful article on me. Thank you so much! You made me blush!
Wilma

Unknown said...

A beautiful tribute to our friend Wilma. And Jill I just love these great pics!
hugs,
~Anna Lee
http://gahooletreedesigns.blogspot.com
http://sassydlite.blogspot.com

ChezChani said...

I wish she lived near me too. I've been wanting to learn lampwork for a year now. Her stuff is beautiful!

WTF Store said...

What gorgeous beads!

It really is great for artists to keep up with peers working in other mediums. They can give us incredible inspiration, and we don't have to risk imitation!

mrs beadsley said...

Jill - what a grat tribute to Wilma - and what fabulous beads. Delicious colors......it would be hard to make something with them and not keep them!

Anonymous said...

It's great to watch Wilma start to do more things with her art glass beads and begin to make her own jewelry designs....I'm sure that sparks even MORE creativity in her lampwork for all of us to enjoy! Teri
http://www.sandtcreations.com/wordpress

Lisa Crone said...

Hi there! Great article!! I'm still getting mileage out of the universe beads I purchased from Wilma. I made 4 more "universe bracelets" on memory wire and gave them as gifts this weekend. I think it's time to head back over and look for some new beads. Thanks so much for sharing!!Lisa C., www.abeadaday.blogspot.com

Anabela Miranda said...

Nice words about your dear friend!!! What a nice artis she is. But you are also a great person, or else you wouldn't talk like that!!
Lovelly beads!!!

tkmetalarts said...

Hi Jill, there is a blog award for you at http://studio618.blogspot.com/2009/05/blog-award.html.

How are you doing?
Theresa

Jackie said...

Those beads are just fab, especially the red ones at the bottom!

mary.anne.gruen@gmail.com said...

Wilma's work is really wonderful!

I've given you an award at my blog http://www.StarlightBlog.com Don't worry if you don't have time to do the whole award thing. Just know that your blog is appreciated.

Jona Panesa said...

lovely pieces!