Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Adventure Ends as Another Begins


I belong to a wonderful group "Artists of the Round Table... A.R.T. for short".

I've just finished my first online workshop "Bead on a Wire", aka; BOW. The workshop was based on Sharilyn Miller's book "Bead on a Wire". This proved to be a terrific learning experience for me, I really enjoyed the workshop and this learning format. We had a week to complete each lesson, 15 lessons in total, and a few breaks in between.


So I decided to take the next online A.R.T. workshop "Making Wire Jewelry", aka; MWJ. This workshop is based on the book "Making Wire Jewelry 60 Easy Projects in Silver, Copper & Brass by Helen Clegg & Mary Larom. This will be 16 weeks...

So as one adventure ends, another begins....






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time for classes. Maybe some day. I hope. I love that bracelet. That focal bead is fabulous. Is the wire portion viking knit? It looks so smooth. Nice work.

Annette Piper said...

You're braver than me with all that wirework! You must have soooo much patience! Hope you enjoy your next class!

ThisThisAndThat said...

The wire work isn't viking knit, but double-coiled bead wraps. They do look similar to Viking Knit in the photo. I love the focal bead and will be using similar beads in future designs. I love the earthy look!

What's so neat about the online workshops, is I never have to leave home. Working at your my own pace, and the others in the group offer suggestions and support. Love this form of learning.

ThisThisAndThat said...

Annette

Love wirework! Patience maybe, I find wirework very rewarding, as I do all jewelry making...The best stress release ever!